Lewisham Southwark College Consultation
Proposed Merger – Further Information
Lewisham Southwark College and NCG propose to merge to form a single institution – whilst retaining local autonomy. A consultation period has now opened and welcomes all views to the proposal.
The Central London Area Review of Further Education, led by the Department of Education, endorsed a merger between Lewisham Southwark College (LSC) and NCG.
Although a merger would take place, Lewisham Southwark College will retain a lot of local autonomy – with a College Board and local Senior Management team – ensuring that local needs are met.
The key benefits of the proposed merger are to:
- Enable LSC to grow into a bigger, stronger and more vibrant college in order to provide the very best education and training for students, supporting the businesses and communities of Central South London and offering greater opportunities for apprenticeships, higher education courses and commercial training.
- Ensure long-term financial security, allowing LSC to realise ambitious future development plans and broaden its curriculum.
- Use specialist expertise and knowledge within NCG to drive up quality standards in curriculum development, teaching, and support services.
- Students will remain at their current campus, with no expectation to travel further to complete their studies or progress to new courses.
In the consultation document below we have highlighted a number of key benefits of the merger for students, employers, staff and the wider community.
We want your views!
Please tell us which benefits of the proposed merger are most important to you and about any other improvements you would like to see.
The consultation opens on Friday 17th March 2017, and closes at midday on Friday 21st April 2017.
To submit your views, you can:
- Fill in the web form below
- Email: email@example.com
- Write to: Chris Payne, Group Director Strategic Partnerships, NCG, West End College, Muscott Grove, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE15 6TT
Responses should be made no later than 12 noon on 21st April 2017.