Could you help us Unlock Potential Through Learning?
Learn more about our Governor opportunities:
- Caroline MacDonald has a degree and PhD in molecular biology from the University of Glasgow and held a number of positions in universities in Scotland and the north east of England. She retired in 2014 from Teesside University as Deputy Vice Chancellor and is currently a member of the Glasgow Colleges Regional Board and Vice Chair of the University of the West of Scotland. She is a member of Remuneration Committee and Chair of the Higher Education Governance Committee.
- Chris Roberts, Vice Chair of NCG. Chris is Vice Chair of Northern Education Trust, Chair of North Country Leisure and Chair of Northern Leisure contracts at Greenwich Leisure. Chris formerly served in executive roles with the Skills Funding Agency rising to Chief Operating Officer.
- John Cuthbert OBE is Chair of Audit Committee. He took early retirement in March 2010 from his role as Managing Director of Northumbrian Water Group plc. During his time in that role, the company won various awards and John himself was awarded North East Business Executive of the Year in 2003. Before joining the water industry John worked in the process and retail sectors after qualifying as a Chartered Accountant. John is currently a nonexecutive director of Bellway plc and Amazing Media Group Ltd. He has previously held a number of roles including Chair of Water UK, Vice Chair of Durham University Council, a Board Member of ONE North East, and Chair of Northern Business Forum. John was awarded the OBE in the 2011 New Year Honours list for Services to Business in the North East.
- Mark Squires is the former Chief Executive of Benfield Motor Group. He holds a BSc in Economics from the University of Hull and a Masters in Business Administration from Kellogg School of Management in Chicago. He is Chair of the National Franchised Dealerships Association, Chief Executive of St Ebba Capital Ltd, an investment company and Partner in Squires Barnett Architects. Mark also serves on a number of charitable boards and committees in the region.
- Peter Lauener, Chair of NCG. Peter is one of the country’s most respected leaders in education, joined NCG as Chair on 1 March 2018. Peter recently retired from the Civil Service where he previously led both the Skills Funding Agency and the Education Funding Agency. He also established the Institute of Apprenticeships, where he was the first CEO and has served on the Boards of both the Department of Education and the Department of Business, Industry and Science, and has advised numerous Secretaries of State of Education on skills and education policy. He is currently undertaking a short term interim role as CEO of the Student Loans Company.